Hormones are a symphony in terms of whats going on in the body. And hormones can be complicated. To address, we want to ensure we are not only looking at the basic hormones known your sex and adrenal hormones ( Cortisol, DHEA, Progesterone, Testosterone & Estradiol) which can be evaluated through a foundational salvia or urine sample but we want to get a more comprehensive look based on how complicated hormones can be. Therefore, to really help you, we look at all the pieces of the puzzle when it comes to hormones and run a DUTCH Test ( known as a Dried Urine Test for Comprehensive Hormones).
Provides you with detailed information on how adrenal and sex hormones are being produced AND metabolized in the body. DUTCH stands for Dried Urine Test for Comprehensive Hormones. It is a collection by urinating on 4 to 5 strips of filter paper throughout a 24 hour period. We are not only looking at a value or level of your hormone which is known as snap shot of time, we are looking at how your hormones are being metabolized in your body, in other words how is your body utilizing your hormones which is the bigger question to be able to identify root problems. Not only are we able to look at your hormones, we also are able to see other markers that identify how your neurotransmitters are working, B12 and B6 levels and are you detoxifying properly.
How do I know if my Hormones are not functioning properly?
Well, this is a bit of a loaded and complicated question. But let's try to break it down.
Experiencing PMS, PCOS, irregular cycles, infertility, perimenopause/menopuase, andropause ( yes men go through this too), thyroid issues, fatigue, insomnia , stress, difficulty losing weight, irritable, mood swings, lack of energy, dips of energy in the afternoon, troubles falling asleep and staying asleep and more.
What you can do about it?
Ever had your hormones tested and been told " everything is fine" your within the "normal ranges" but still have symptoms? You want your hormones to be in functional ranges to optimize the quality of life and health. What you are experiencing is real! I am here to tell you , IT's simply NOT JUST IN YOUR HEAD.
Markers on the Test include:
- Daily free cortisol and cortisone pattern, DHEA-S, cortisol and cortisone metabolites, androgens and metabolites – testosterone, DHT, DHEA; progesterone metabolites; estrogens and metabolites
- Homovanillate (HVA) – the primary dopamine metabolite
- Vanilmandelate (VMA) – the primary norepinephrine and epinephrine metabolite
- 5-hydroxyindoleacetate (5HIAA) – the primary serotonin metabolite
- Methylmalonate (MMA) – elevated if patients are vitamin B12 deficient
- Xanthurenate – elevated if patients are vitamin B6 deficient
- Pyroglutamate – elevated if patients are glutathione deficient
DUTCH Cycle Mapping
Having troubles with infertility, irregular cycles, heavy cycles, intermittent cycles, cycle peaks out than goes away and more. You will want to run a DUTCH cycle map to see your estrogen and progesterone levels through the month.
- includes 25 dried urine collection papers for collecting throughout the cycle, and reports the estrogen and progesterone metabolites through the cycle
Why do you want to choose the DUTCH test vs testing your blood serum levels for hormones?
Click here to listen: